A comparison of the expenditure of Indian Budget

Legal and Social Research on legislative bills and policies

A comparison of the expenditure of Indian Budget

Postby riturajshukla » Tue May 31, 2011 1:14 am

This project analyzes the current budget of India and compares the expenditure with the earlier budgets.
The aim of the project is to draw a comparison and find a trend in the expenditure.
riturajshukla

Re: A comparison of the expenditure of Indian Budget

Postby bharat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 pm

What would be the exciting parts of the projects? How would you make this project interesting and relevant keeping globalization in mind?

Are you going to compare the trends with other developing countries?

How about comparing it with China (if any such data is available), brazil, Japan, Thailand, Australia?

- Bharat
bharat

Postby riturajshukla » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 am

The exciting parts of the project would be comparing the expenditure on various areas and checking the progress as per the amount spent. This can even give us some information on the corruption of various sectors.

I never thought of comparing it with other countries. But it is indeed a great idea. It would not only give us a comparison of the progress but also the stand of India in the world. Although we need to take the population and other relevant criteria into account.
riturajshukla

Postby raj_rdoshi » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:49 am

Is there any way in which the findings and suggestions will be given to the government? I mean, will there be an implementable output of the study? I hope there is!

Are there any specific trends that you will be looking at? I think comparison with other developed countries, say on education, and the benefits they reap off it will help us know where improvements can be done, though, the of course, the government itself must be doing such research for its own budget.
raj_rdoshi

Postby bharat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 am

We should not assume that Government is doing any analysis. They would be most happy if you provide a cooked analysis for them. If the report is well done and data is presented in the form that is easily comprehendible, it sure should be widely circulated by Rakshak.

Bharat
bharat

Postby utkarsh_gupta » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 pm

The United nations and the World Bank would definitely have the data on the budget of all the countries. There is also an excellent visualization software used by World Bank and the United nations. Have a look at it!

http://www.sacmeq.org/statplanet/StatPlanet.html

Utkarsh
utkarsh_gupta

Postby bharat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:28 am

Cool link !!

Amazing graphical visualization....

Could it be used to plot any excel data?
bharat

Postby utkarsh_gupta » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:28 am

I guess it can plot data from the Excel sheet. Though it has to be in some particular format.. Just search more through that site and you will find the necessary details.
utkarsh_gupta

Postby bharat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 am

What sort of trends should be shown in the report?
Do you plan to show any correlation with GDP, defense spending or with international expenditure
bharat

Postby riturajshukla » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:22 am

@raj If we can get a valuable output then I guess we may approach the government. I hope the mentors would be able to help us more on that.
@utkarsh thanks for the link. I was looking for such info and the link is real handy
@ bharat I will try to compare to show the correlation with GDP where it is possible. The first task is to get a graph of the expenditure of around 7 years. I will move ahead after that
riturajshukla

Next

Return to Legal and Social Research