Waste Collection and Disposal-Successes and Failures

Programs to improve the quality of daily life of citizens

Waste Collection and Disposal-Successes and Failures

Postby Anshulp » Sun May 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Project Description:
To generate awareness amongst community regarding the significance of Waste management and to raise community participation by a well researched project.
Anshulp

Re: Waste Collection and Disposal-Successes and Failures

Postby bharat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Is this only awareness project or you are going to try to improve the process of waste management?
Any field trips planned? Photos or videos of the process? Please post some of the research reports you think would be relevant for others to read.
bharat

Postby Anshulp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:51 pm

1.)This is not merely awareness project but it is well researched report that would act as an eye opener for general public and the local authorities.Since waste management is a collective activity involving various tasks therefore it should be managed in a sustainable manner.I would try to prepare a comprehensive report on sustainable and environmentally sound waste management that would envisage growth of city in a multidimensional approach."My multidimensional approach "towards Sustainable waste management would include almost all the major factors which affects development of a city/town in a long term scenario.I would briefly explain this approach in my final report.But after some analysis and thinking i can say that a well planned waste management can sort out many problems in our cities of different areas.
Hence i can say that it would be a project to improve process of sustainable waste management but the ways adopted would address a integrated policy to develop a city in an inclusive manner.
2.)trips to kanpur municipal corporation and other state and local level authorities.
3.)http://www.searo.who.int/LinkFiles/SDE_SDE_mgmt-bio-medical-framework.pdf
http://www.green-ensys.org/site/publica ... itique.pdf
I would soon post my basic questions regarding some basic needs of municipal corporations which are coming in my mind.
Anshulp

Postby Anshulp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Suggestions are invited for waste management to all in forum.Especially regarding questions to be asked to officials.If any body can suggest some link related to matter(subject) may post it.I would be obliged.
Anshulp

Return to Improving Quality of Life - Infrastructure, Traffic, Pollution, Water